Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Week 8 Web 2.0 tools and award winners

Chose the music category of award winners which was won by Pandora. However when I went for a look, it's only available in the U.S. It was very apologetic but there you are.

Second place- getter was Last.fm. I duly typed in a favourite band, Victim's Family which is moderately obscure, in the search and up came a video clip of a band unknown to me playing 'Take me back or I'll drown our dog' - and a suggestion of other bands I might like - Pachinko, Causey Way, Iowaska, Los Infernos and Evan Johns & His H-Bombs . Victim's Family was also on the list so there was a connection with what I asked for. Can't tell you more than this because got a message that 'Internet Explorer had encountered an error and would have to close' but setup looked intriguing. Have to go back and search for some NZ music and see how well it copes

Haven't heard of most of the sites in the 2.0 list so there's a heap out there to explore if one ever has time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its all worth a look, just think only four things to go