Monday, November 5, 2007

Week 7 Wikis

If funding allowed, a way to really cement public libraries as community centres and hubs would be to have the website act as community wiki as suggested in one of the readings. As a Waihekean, I would love to be able to go to my local library website and find out what's on this weekend, access a directory of services, blog my comments on last week's event, talk to my 'friends', find out where the fish are biting etc.



Librarysuccess.org is a great initiative. It groups the experiences of libraries worldwide so that those investigating new initiatives can avoid reinventing the wheel and learn from what others have done. E.g I looked under Gaming which linked to websites, blogs, books and journal articles giving information and advice about gaming in libraries. Would be good alternative to posting a question to nzlibs!

Tried to take the tutorial for the aclweb2 wiki but did not have correct version of Flashplayer so skipped it. Added my blog to favourites and added some favourite books/movies etc. Tried to add new page to home page (Favourite foods) without success - wouldn't let me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great feedback! Good work on your blogging! :)