Saturday, December 1, 2007

Thing 23

I have really enjoyed exploring Web 2.0 although have often felt pushed for time to do what was required. I have been surprised so many of these tools are so easy to use. I think it's fantastic that you can access very specific things which would be impossible without the collaborative ethos behind the technology.

The main attraction for me is the democratic principle behind it - that everyone has a voice. This I think is expecially good for people on the margins and finding alternative views not filtered through mainstream media. However, I'm a bit concerned about the possible misuse of all the information people reveal using these tools, by other parties.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, unfortunately along with the good can come the bad. And people often misuse things! Great work on your blog! It has been a pleasure reading about your 2.0 adventures! :)